Sunday, October 11, 2009

More Dolls.

Does it seem like we are posting a lot? I feel like we are.

Here are some more Russian Nesting Dolls I made yesterday. I decided to do forest animals. I was in a cutesy mood.


I just think it's fun looking at them all opened up.

The Owl.


Doesn't the owl's back look like the setting for Venus De Milo? I totally did it on accident, but almost put a figure there after seeing it. I decided against it, I like the accidental allusion.


The Fox is my favorite. I am in a fox phase, (partly cause of the comic).

Also, I just love lace. I think I will paint WAY MORE OF IT. In anime (and maybe the world, I don't know) there some weird lacey apron fetish. I totally am susceptible to it. Aprons are a symbol of food to come, and lace is a symbol of sex to come.

This apron is not a super sexy one. But foxes are sexy. I mean, I totally had a crush on the Disney Robin Hood when I was like 7. It's hard to make Russian Nesting Dolls sexy though, cause they are super pear shaped.


The Raccoon. It's hard to see from the photo, but he has all sorts of trash around him. He is a mix of my favorite stuff. Raccoons are one of my favorite animals, and his color is one of my favorite colors. But he did not end up as my favorite doll, for some reason.


A soda can and an apple.

Fries, a chip bag and a bottle.

I also like the bunny for some reason. I think it's the paw by the mouth, but she looks so coy and seductive (to me).

I know the question you are thinking. And the answer is Yes. You bet I would.



The Mouse.

He looks familiar to me for some reason. Is there a show or something with a blue mouse?



I HAVEN'T DONE THE SKETCHBOOK ASSIGNMENT YET! AUGH!

3 comments:

  1. oh man these are so beautiful!

    i don't actually like the tail of the owl. i feel like it should be pointing downwards instead of upwards but oh well.
    its interesting that his body is trees and then ocean. is there a story behind these? the colors you used are so fun and so are the pictures of them coming out of each other. you should see if you can do a stop motion with them. have you learned that yet? i think you must have...

    the rabbit IS coy. that is a damn coy rabbit. its like she is saying "oh me? no i would never do anything with the president's penis! tee hee that makes me blush!"

    you're right, the blue mouse is familiar but i'm not sure from where.
    the raccoon makes me think of over the hedge. i haven't seen it though. is that what these are from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know how i know you're gay?

    you paint cutesy little russian dolls like fantastic woodland creatures who wear aprons and carry baskets around.

    GAYYYYYY.


    i will totally buy these from you. they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete