Tuesday, November 3, 2009

you're just mad cuz i haven't commented on your last post


That title's to you dakota. Fuck you, and i'm posting now biotch. and showing my process. which is something you never do. (i'm not mad or anything, sorry i haven't commented. i promise i will soon.)

I drew a dead prince too. Here first is the pencil sketch.


Next is the nice clean pen version.


This is it all nice and colored in. Since I lost the watercolor box dakota gave me, I am too scared to use the squeeze tube watercolors i have, or the color pencils. This is done in photoshop.


Once I put it in I was like, oh well i might as well 'try' shading. so i did. the end result is a lot darker than the solid color one. i think i like the solid color one more, but i'm glad i tried shading.

okay. bye.

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO FUCKING GLAD YOU DID A DEAD PRINCE!

    When I first started, I was going to suggest it as a sketchbook, or that we all do a couple, but then I though "Oh, they are busy." So I forgot it. I am so happy you did it.

    Also, I like the different interpretation you took on it. When I thought "Dead Prince" the first place my mind went to was "Princes in the Tower" from tower of London. So I thought of innocent young boys being murdered. That's why I went with a cutesy/morbid thing.

    But you seem to have went somewhere else, which I like. I never even considered suicide! And you're prince is older. I really like it. Yours seems to be a more mature then mine. I really like it.

    I know you said you didn't like the shaded one as much, but I like it more. It adds drama. I think it looks better in the small view then the large view, but I like the shading. And his hair. And that you can't see his face.

    And I really like his costume. I always have trouble with medieval mens clothes, and I think this is very handsome. I love the whole thing.

    You've inspired me to do another dead prince tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I have shown process work. I did it for my comic pages, and I did it just last post for my animation movie, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete