Monday, November 9, 2009

10 Dead Princes Part 4 and 5: The Plague and Shot

Hey, so I got some more dead princes for all ya'll. I thought about this series while I was painting them, and I should say, a lot of the inspiration is coming from 120 Days of Sodom. That book is fucked up. (Plot=4 pervy noblemen locked in a castle with a harem of young boys and girls and the terrible things they do to them). I am already uncomfortable reading it, and they are not even killing or hurting anyone in their harem yet, but there is urine involved in like 50% of their shenanigans.

Ok, anyway, here is my 4th Dead Prince. This is of the plague.
I never knew vomiting blood was part of having the plague until I researched it. The Black Death was disgusting but so interesting. I mean, it makes sense, but I was amazed to learn it was the biggest epidemic of all time.

Dude. Why couldn't it have been an epidemic where people die peacefully in their sleep? Eugh.

And lots of people think that it was the cause of modern anti-semitism (and to a point, the Holocaust), because Jews kept cats, so they were not infected so much, and they became scapegoats. So it's possible that the black death continued killing vicariously.

Crazy.

Ok, too many tangents. I am Mr. Morgan.


This next dead prince got Saint Sebastianed. Bam!


Yup.

Hey, these are pretty quick. I only started this a bit over a week ago and I'm halfway done. I don't understand why the AP Portfolio took so long. These are about the same quality, (better, even, then some of my shittier pieces). Just tack on two more dead princes and I have a concentration. (I wonder what Mrs. O would say about it though).

2 comments:

  1. these are all in watercolor, right?

    major props on the backgrounds in all of these. very complete compositions. i feel the like the perspective on the first one got a little wonky--the top half looks like he's kind of propped up but the bottom half looks totally flat, like we're looking at it from a bird's eye view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah sorry i forgot to tell you that i love these princes. somehow i didn't love the last ones but i love these. mostly i love the plague prince. i even talked to rachael about how much i love these. i think that just technically speaking they're a lot tighter than the last few and i like the colors you used this time a lot more.

    i even like the wonky perspective on the first one. its really neat. it just...it just makes my heart happy.

    the castle on the second prince is kindof shafted but whatever its not the focus.

    also as the one in charge of theads on this page i can tell you that google adsense picks up the interests of the people who frequent the site and then posts ads about things that would interest them. thats why i frequently see art supply ads and random art schools i have never heard of as well as computer art programs. but right now, on the right it says:

    bubonic plague symptoms
    new holocaust book
    nazi camp victims
    middle ages history book
    dead & lonely at IFC.com

    i blame you dakota. i blame you.

    oh just saw

    Is my husband gay?
    find dead people records

    wtf.

    ReplyDelete