Friday, November 6, 2009

birthdays

hey guys. i actually have tons and tons of doodles. sometimes in one class i'll draw up to six pages of legit doodle wall material. but they're all the same. i just keep drawing faces of people to practice face shapes and shading but i find them all uninteresting. They are basically expressionless floating heads and sometimes shoulders. I want to draw people that aren't just standing and staring blankly. so i'm going to try to do that more. thats why i was so happy with the one where that girl is sitting on the steps talking to that guy. because its a scene.

anyways here are some birthday cards I made and one birthday present.






i love making shirts.

4 comments:

  1. The first one looks like Alice and Wonderland, the second one freak me out. I love how in the first one you do these big cute eyes, but they are a little creepy. Also, ever since I saw your Tadzio picture I have been noticing and loving this certain way you have of doing hair. I think you usually do it with blonde hair. It's the shading. I like it. But you forgot to shade between her arm, her chest and the table.

    The second one looks like a religious painting. The doctor is like an angel with the glowing halo, plus the lightbulb halo. I like how relaxed he looks. "Another baby, ho hum..." But his hands are saying "Fuuuuckkk...."

    I like the shirt. Who's if for? Is it spraypaint or the silk screen thing? Did you cut up a wild thing book for a stencil? That would be terrible.

    I haven't seen it yet. I hope it's out Christmas so I can see it with Brayden. (And the Princess and the Frog!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know how to silk screen, but i should learn. its just spray paint. and i did not cut up a book. the shirt is for gretchen. i'm so tired from belaying people all day. sorry i am so drab. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. doodle 1: like alice in wonderland, except a little asian. i actually think she kind of looks like you.

    doodle 2: really good perspective/foreshortening. like really good. i'm duly impressed, particularly with the hands. did you use a reference?

    doodle 3: make another one, i will totally buy it from you. i love it. text looks like it got a little sloppy but the figure is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I am really impressed with the figure, and that it is spray paint. I mean, it looks really clean. That's why I asked if it was silk screened.
    (We should learn to do that this summer).

    ReplyDelete