Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some stuff I did in Printmaking class.

Okay, I know I already posted this, but now the boys are together. Its better that way, right?


Ok, so first here's a drawing I did as practice for Allison's birthday present. Allison, for some reason the ship took longer, but was way easier then the airplane. I drew like 8 dumb planes before I did yours.



These next ones are all prints. Prints are kind of fun, but it's super hard to draw, cause you cant erase and you have to carve it out of zinc and it is just way too much work.







Ok, yeah. Thats all.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE david and goliath. LOVE it. i love how you juxtapose innocence with mortality and i guess something really morbid/dark by making david so young. he seems like he doesn't even know that its wrong to kill.

    p.s. what is zinc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zinc isa type of metal. The printmaking class I took was a specific kind of printmaking called etching, where you carve or scratch away at a plate of zinc. It takes forever and your drawings start to totally blow. Then you ink up the plate, and that takes awhile, then you put paper over in, and put it through a big machine that you have to work by twisting this huge handle. It's not something you could do at home, you need machines, and zinc and all that stuff.

    Also, I'm glad you like the David. It is also one of my fav. things to draw. I already have like 7 super young David drawings, and I plan to do more. For some reason I can't stop. I just look at Donatellos David or Mercies David and think "I too, shall make a David."

    Someday I will make a pedo-sexy David. I haven't done that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're right. i like the two girly boys much better together.

    ReplyDelete