Monday, April 27, 2009

decent doodles

Itsa me, Maaario!

i had a bit of a doodle sesh with my architecture friend jeremy (he's an architecture student which means he's good at art) i like the silly dog he drew.  

I keep drawing people and trying to make them look attractive and white.  it kinda sucks i wish i would doodle something more interesting.


I think its because i've been in comics mode lately.  i just keep trying to draw comic-book style.  here's wonderwoman.


Superman, except i kinda messed up his head, and his S and he looks stupid. i dunno how to draw muscles.


fat wonderwoman.


Here's what i mean, the people i draw are looking more and more like jim-lee style comic people.  which i'm not sure i like because jim lee's art, while good for the comic book genre, i find kinda offensive sometimes.  he kindof exploits men and women in his drawing, everyone is a sex symbol.


wow i can't believe i'll be seeing you guys soon.


3 comments:

  1. I like the green one alot. It looks way different compared to the faces on looseleaf paper. Did you have a reference, or just spend more time?
    I know, Jim Lee sometimes bums me out. Super talented, but everything is so obviously comic styled. Thats why I liked that Long Halloween one. The panels and pages were each like art. The colors and shadows were amazing. Maybe the drawing were not as skilled or realistic, but I liked it better anyway.

    I dont think these people look white. I mean, they look like a mix or something. Like hasians. Plus, have you seen white people? They are so goddamned attractive. Something about white people is weird. They seem to be on both ends of the attractive range. They can be like the most beautiful thing ever, and the fucking ugliest thing ever. I rarely see an asian person and go "Oh GOD SICK." For me personally, I think on average asian people are more attractive, but the people who usually stand out to me as super hot/interesting are white people or black people.
    Maybe it's cause I hang with you guys so much. My Pavlovian response to asians is "Friend."
    Also, who did the profile next to the face of the boy and dog? That's really good.

    Your superpeople actually have good proportions. I have such a hard time with that. There poses are a little stiff, but you have the harder part down. You know what would help is lifedrawing classes. We should go to one or two at Laguna. They have them every Saturday for 10 bucks.

    But for real my favorite thing here is Casual Mario. He's just hangin' What the heck. He looks like an emo teenager with a mustache even Tom Selleck has to envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoah, that comment is so long. Sorry. I am in animation class, and waiting for a downshooter lab to open up. (Downshooter labs are where you go to shoot each frame for your animation. I almost hope one doesnt open up, cause I hate doing it. It takes so long).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah you are turning into meeeeee. drawing hot white people all the time. except i actually think most of the people you drew here look asian.

    i like fat wonderwoman. i think that's what i would look like if i wore a wonderwoman costume. (i'm not fat, there's just more of me to love! or in my case i guess more of me to steer clear of.)

    and i also really like the green one. very unlike your usual fare.

    p.s. not all architecture students are good at art. although i would image cornell is pretty picky.

    ReplyDelete