Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This is Dakota...

Okay, just a lot of random stuff. Some is old, some isn't...

Lots of stuff up here...
America has the sexiest Founders.

My History teacher, Nadja. I have kind of a crush on her. 

Some lifedrawing...









Ok, thats it for lifedrawing...

I had so much fun doing this one. Thats St. Sebastian, and the girls vagina flaps (wings?) lift up, and their is a watercolor of eggs in a nest.

Allison did this for me. Its on my wall. I freaking love Robins baby fat. And Batmans expression is priceless. He's like embarrassed/possesive. Like "Don't look at Robin. Mine." My friends think I am super weird for having this up, and think Allison is super weird for making it.

Jesus and the Rich Man. I didnt mean to make Jesus' skin so dark, but its acrylic ink, so I couldnt fix it, and y'know... whatever.

Frida Kahlo. 
Some boys. I did this after reading The Road, I was thinking post-apocolyptal.
Africa...ish.
St. John the Baptist. I always imagine him looking just like Jesus... they were cousins. But since he lived outside, and ate locusts and wore animal skins and stuff, I now imagine him with dreads and stuff.

I just got this idea in my head and started painting this, and ended up just painting for 2 hours to finish this. Its about a foot tall. 

10 comments:

  1. p.s. dakota, send me whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay i wouldn't normally draw that. in fact i detest all those 'gay' theories. i went OUT of my comfort zone to make DAKOTA something i knew she would like. tell THAT to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. how could your friends think I'M weird? have they not met you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay are you retarded? you left 5 comments in a 3 minute window. spaz.

    dakota, you kind of kick my ass at life drawing. i am so not good at any of the fine arts stuff anymore. i'm serious. i have gotten so lazy. i really like the last drawing in your life drawing section (the two female figures with the head scarf).

    and this might sound really weird, but when i look at the last one (colored dues) "bohemian rhapsody" immediately starts blaring in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay and now i feel like i have to send you guys drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSS! Yes you do!
    I dont have anything of yours on my wall. I want to send both of you things, but I dont know what, cause my stuff isnt easily likeable/displayable. (P.S. You know those douchey guys who would have a galley, and a dirty painting behind a curtain and would only show it to certain people... I totally want to have one of those.)

    Also, I dont know about who is better at lifedrawing. I do it, but it doesnt seem to change my other stuff... I dont know. Its fun to do though. I want to do it at Laguna this summer.

    And Allison, I know you hate those gay theories, but its not just me. And it has been around as long as Batman has been around. Wikipedia that shit. Batman and Robbin are like gay humping rabbits. In my mind.
    Just kidding. I dont really think they are gay. At least, Batman wont admit it. And he is all guilt ridden over that weird jump his stomach has every time Robin kicks someone in the face.

    Im glad you like the colored heads (and rachael stop smoking that dope). My class pooped their pants over Frida. Not in a good way, more in a "What the FUCK" way.

    Ok, whatever. I have more to post later today... nothing big, just little shit. I wish you guys were here, and we had art together, and could actually see eachothers stuff in person... and eachother in person. FUCK.

    This post probably doesnt make sense. I just woke up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, Allison, you and I came into Batman in different ways. (Haha, I didnt even mean that to sound so dirty, but Im not changing it now). You first saw him as the cartoon TV show, right? I first saw him as Adam West in the live action, super campy TV show. So this whole "dark brooding hero" thing is still kind of new and exciting to me... its a different take on my original Batman, where for you, it is your original Batman.

    When I see my campy, tight wearing Batman turn into a cool, tortured Batman, thats fun for me, but I enjoy both. You see your dark, cool Batman, and see him turn campy and silly, and it feels like your Batman is being made fun of. I dont think I am making fun of your Batman. I just am reverting back to my original idea of him.

    And my original idea of him is that he is rubbing his Batmobile all over Robins Batorang.
    (Batmans is bigger).

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow dakota. that makes a lot of sense. really that was insightful. i finally get it, that you're not making fun of him.

    rachael: don't call me retarded and bohemian raphsody is the perfect song for that peice of ahtwork

    ReplyDelete