Sunday, March 1, 2009

GET SOME GODDAMN ASIAN ACTORS

I don't feel oppressed in any way as an asian.  I really don't.  In fact I don't feel like there needs to be any movies about how asians overcame hardships and prejudices (there is an entire genre of movies about black people fighting racism).  I think racism against asians ship has sailed.  It is not a problem of this generation.  However what the FUCK hollywood?!?!?!  RESPECT asian culture/animation by hiring some GODDAMN asian actors to play fucking asians!!!  okay first it started out with speed racer, whose ethnicity was questionable to begin with so that was really not a big deal.  There was like, one asian in that movie.  There should have been more because its japanese.  I mean pay some homage to its country of origin for chrissakes.  Now, with this dragonball z shit.  I don't even like dragonball z.  I think the show was stupid.  but HOW THE FUCK are you gonna pull of the main character being named GOKU and he's white?  like WTF. WHY IS EVERYONE WHITE???  avatar.  i love that show.  it is about asians.  the old people in it have engrish accents, the show title is in fucking chinese characters.  they do martial arts.  it is so obviously asian.  so then how come in the live action version EVERYONE IS GONNA BE WHITE??? except for zuko who is gonna be INDIAN???  its like they're picking anyone BUT asians to be in these movies.  I want to puke everytime i check imdb and its still all those fucking white people.  Hey White people! go be in movies about white people!  


okay the real reason i'm upset is because i want to be in the avatar movie and i'm not. 

1 comment:

  1. No, your right. This pisses me the fuck off. I think I heard it said best "Imagine a movie set in Africa. African clothing, the people are banging African drums, in an African setting, but everyone in the movie is white."
    Thats a pretty fucked up image. Well, its exactly the same. It not like the characters even look white. (I am about to be a dork) The water tribe people are totally asian/alaskan, the Fire nation is totally East Asian. And the Air tribe is like Tibet/India inspired. The characters are all asian looking/sounding. Zuko, Aang, Katara, what the fuck? I am pretty pissed off.
    I am not so mad about Dev Patel. Zuko is my favorite, but hes not the BIGGEST, so I feel its okay they stray a little, and at least hes from the right continent. But all the white leads. Fuckkk.

    I bet its because they dont think they can sell a movie of asians to a white-American audience. I dont know if thats true or not, but they would definetely get all the avatar fans. None of them are going to be "Aw, theyre all asians... weird."
    It pisses me off. Really bad.

    The fact that they are making a Dragon Ball Z movie... Oh god. That is just the worst idea Ive ever heard. I want to see it just to see a white guy try to play such a stupid role. Oh shit.

    ReplyDelete