Monday, December 15, 2008

two finals down, two to go! woooo.
okay, so i was doing my traditional end-of-semester purging of my living space, and i found some old comic pages i had discarded (don't worry, i am now keeping them all in a folder, even if i am never going to use them) and i was reminded of why i've resisted doing a graphic novel for so long. the medium requires consistency, which i severely lack.
exhibit a:
these are pages that i did a couple of weeks before i moved out of my room in huntington beach.
this is a page i did a couple of weeks into classes at reed:
these are a part of a relatively lengthy effort sustained over the past several weeks:
yet another sylistic change:


up to my most current endeavor, whereupon i switched over from the pain in the ass that is trying to keep a slew of loose leaf bristol board pages in one place to a sketchbook:


thus concludes my argument as to why rachael should never be a professional graphic novelist of any kind.

the end.

3 comments:

  1. rachael. just look at all your background people. that is how you should draw your main characters! then they would be simple enough to reproduce! (i don't mean to ...you know... i mean they would be simple enough for YOU to reproduce them)

    i really wish i was as good as you with pen. its great. i've decided that black pen is my new favorite medium. its so great. you're so great. i am going to see you in like, a week. great. just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite is the one where matt damon is sitting on the porch drinking a can of beer/coke, and then he is leaning over the balcony. i just love the linework. does that sound pretentious? i think it does but i like the way that sounds: linework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael, I think you are gay. Otherwise you would not draw such lesboerotic chicks. Who is the girl in the black tank top. I want to hump her. You are a goddess with a ballpoint pen. I think I am going to draw that...
    WERE GOING TO SEE EACHOTHER SOON!

    ReplyDelete