Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First post of the semester!

Hey guys!
... I have nothing to say... not a super interesting post, mostly just comic pages...


This is fanart for Goodbye Chains, my super favorite comic. I just realized a couple of days ago that I have been reading this for about 3 years. It's a western, it's homo, it's kinda communist, it's Irish. Dude.
Actually in the whole comic there is no homo kiss/anything really, which makes it surprising that I have been able to follow it dedicatedly for so long. I hope my comic doesn't last years with no hanky panky! How long will it take me...? At the pace I'm going... 6 more months before I draw the homo. More before I post it online. Erg.

These are from my new class I just signed up for and took today, Fashion Illustration. It's actually super fun, it is mostly life drawing, except you are supposed to idealize the figure. The only problem is the teacher does not have the same ideals as me.

My teacher said "You're girl is too masculine, her neck is too thick. She looks like a pretty boy." I thought that was pretty funny.
These are after I femmed her up a bit, but my teacher still wants her to have a skinnier torso and longer legs. I don't think I am going to do that...




Here is the basic plan for Adams album cover, but he wanted it less digital, which I get. So a new one should be around pretty soon. Tell me if the plane is a dumb idea of not, I don't know. I think it might mess with the composition somewhat, maybe I should put it over the buildings.

Sketches for this animation idea. I am going to animate a movie about this fox, but I am going to keep him an orange silhouette, like this. I'm pretty excited to start making this.





Eugh. More Cain/Girl stuff. Gross.
Just kidding. Maybe.




I started re-using a thin paintbrush here, instead of a black pen like I had been for awhile, and it makes a subtle difference. It's a bit slower, and I cant do it on the go, but I think it's worth using the brush as much as I can.











PAGE 77 BITCH!
I like the last panel. In the first panel Abel said something stupid, and now Cain is all "whaaaat."
I am almost done with this section of the story. Maybe 20 more pages. Once I get to the next section, it starts to get kinda gay. Only from one of the bro's point of view though.

Hey, I'm excited.

3 comments:

  1. I WANNA KNOW WHAT THEY'RE SAYINGGGGGG.

    Love the fashion illustrations, but I agree with your teacher in that your girls are a little butcher than the hegemonic cultural perception of femininity. I still like them. I feel pretty safe saying that you woul dnow kick my ass at lifedrawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS text me your email address again so i can send you the star wars review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i realized that i really like the figures in the begining that you did a life study of. they're just the type of guy-y girls i would go for. i like their attitude.

    as for bedlam...was that your final thing or like a rough draft? i actually really don't like it. this is a first for me. i saw it and was taken aback. it just looks a lot less professional than the last one you did, it also looks like less thought was put into it. not sure i dig the idea/colors as well.

    the comic is looking so good. better every single time. is it just me or are cain and abel getting more attractive? i think they are. and its funny because i used to look at the inuyasha manga volume 1 and then like, volume 20 something and see how different the characters look as takahashi got used to drawing them. they definitely evolve and i like them later more than earlier. same with your comic. the characters look more consistant now and just generally better. the quality of work is so good.

    also the little girl with the fox looks like sasha.

    ReplyDelete