Monday, February 15, 2010

Fashion Illustration and some plans...

Today in fashion illustration we did paper cutouts with a maximum of 3 colors.

My teacher said I should use this in my portfolio for my fashion thesis. I was so shocked that she thought I was a fashion major I just stood there, mouth literally agape.

I don't know if I should even tell her I'm not. I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter, but then she might get off my case about my girls being to masculine. I think that's why she likes the black and white one, the chicks legs are ridonkulous.

I like this one. I like the new sailor fetish fashion thing that's going on. One of my room mates has this sailor looking sweater that is so cute. I don't know why horizontal blue or red stripes are so fucking sexy.
Cutting out those stripes took forever.

Drawing of our model, who almost has Janelle Monae hair.



These next are plans for my animation "The Fox's Bride." My plans for the two main characters.


Early plans for characters.


The fox is just a silhouette, and I have an amazing plan for him that I don't want to tell you dudes yet but it is going to be so pretty.

Final plans for the girl. Also semi sailor inspired. It took awhile to choose her age. This looks 8 to 10ish, right?
Oh man you guys. This movie is going to be so visually tits. I am so excited. It's gonna be pretty computer-looking color, but hand drawn. I can't explain it. I hope to get 'er done by the end of the semester. And even that is a reach.


More comic pages.
It's funny that Allison asked if they were getting hotter. I think for Cain (long hair/nose) I like the first picture I did of him best... But I do think Abel is getting hotter. He is my Caravaggio-esque boy. Those are my favorite kinds. Cain is more fun to draw/write though.
I need to work on quality vs. speed in these... but when I try to up the quality... I just stop making them. To frustrated/bored.


Here's a panel of the comic that I liked, colored in photoshop.

And a collaboration between me and Rachael. She did the easy part, the art, and I did the writing, which is comparable to James Joyce.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I HEART IT. and by it, i mean all of it, but mostly the character designs for your fox animation. i eagerly await the final result.

    2. your fashion cutouts are sexy. love the trichromatic(?) color schemes.

    3. your comic pages are getting compositionally more complex as you go on. i feel like you are using the space in each panel much more effectively. proportions are also much more consistent.

    4. seeing that page again actually kind of bums me out cause it looks so bad, especially from a distance. but i think you should write all of my comics. you are hired.

    5. this has nothing to do with anything but i found this website that lists movie drinking games and the next time all three of us are together i demand that we do the "3:10 to yuma" drinking game. they don't have a rule that you have to drink every time there is gay innuendo but we can add it.

    ReplyDelete