Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Orthodoxy in Ireland

HEY WHAT IS UP?

Here is my sketchbook assignment. It's of St. Patrick. I call it "Revenge!"

You know, the whole St. Pat running the pagans out of Ireland? Well, they are back. (That sounds kinda like a movie tagline). Celtic knots, even simple ones, are hard to make up. (For me, I am not a pattern minded person).


This is part of something I'm not done with yet. It's kind of Sgt. Rock inspired. WWII is now my favorite thing. I mean, that shit is crazy.


More comic pages, some stuff in the middle was taken out cause it's embarrassing or whatever. But I have 16 pages done, and the first chapter looks like it will be 25, so that's pretty good. This is turning out to be very possible.







Ignore the fact that the trees are floating in the 3rd panel. I am gonna fix that.

Allison, you said you had ideas on paneling? Tell me, cause I could use some ideas. I don't want to get really crazy, in fact, not even diagonal lines unless there is a reason for it, but some ideas would be nice. As you can see, most of mine are pretty simple and just for the purpose of making the story get told in the correct order.

Also, I am working on as few face close ups as possible, except when really needed, so it doesn't become lame or a manga. The problem is the story is kind of about the characters feelings and shit, and I think thought bubbles are dumb, and it's hard to do voice overs or whatever without it sounding dumb, so the only way for me to have them express emotion is through words and faces, but when they have concealed emotions... that is difficult to handle.

Also, I am not sure if I said this already, but
THE CHARACTERS DONT HAVE SEX.

I am being more appropriate then Rachael.

Sure, they are underage brothers who might want to hanky panky a little.


But

they

don't.






(Maybe they do other stuff though maybe).


3 comments:

  1. 1. "WWII is my favorite thing. I mean, that shit is crazy."

    Oh, Dakota. you should teach history.

    2. i LOVE the WWII one. it's kind of a joke how much i love it.

    3. how are you getting through your comic so fucking fast??? i've been working with my thing for two and a half years and i'm still in the WRITING stage.

    4. you are going to hate mine if i ever get to finishing it. given the nature of my source material it invariably ends up devolving into a bunch of face shots. i try really hard not to let that happen because i actually get incredibly sick of drawing close-ups over and over again, but that's all i have to work with.

    5. your comic book runneth over with unbearable biblical/mythological allusions/metaphors. i can already tell.

    6.you are the only person on the planet under 70 who says "hanky panky."

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.i really like the celtic knots and the st. patrick but i thought he chased the snakes out of ireland? he chased the pagans?

    2. the first time i saw this post i didn't have time to comment and i didn't really appreciate the wwII one, but now that i look at it, it looks so good. like really professional. esp the expression on the first guy's face. everything looks pro. like i could definitely see it in a book.

    2. yeah i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael:

    I will totally like your comic, even with close ups. That is the thing. I LIKE CLOSE UPS. I like drawing them and looking at them and I rely on them and I am trying to get over it. But I will LOVE all your sexy close ups.

    Allison:

    The snakes St. P drove out were a metaphor for pagans.

    Also, thanks! I had fun with the WWII one.

    ReplyDelete