Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More Comic and Stuff

Hey dudes, you guys need to post more. I know Rachael has at least one new thing.

Anyway, here are more pages of my comic. It has been like 4 days since my last post, and I have 4 new pages, so I figure I finish about a page a day. I have more penciled. Penciling doesn't take long at all. It's the goddamn inking. Also, I can pencil in class when I'm bored, but inking is more noticeable.



A page. Eugh. Don't love this one, but whatever.

Yikes! A bedroom scene. But it's OK. They're brothers.

Painting pomegranates and armpit hair. One delicious. The other less so. Both new things I am unaccustomed to drawing. But I like his face in the armpit panel. Also, I forgot to finish painting the boy in the second to last panels hair... I better get on that.

Dude, I love painting the long haired dudes face. Also, I had fun doing their chest/nipples.

I have questions for you. On the inside of the tent, did you notice that the wood things are not there, holding the tent up? Do you think I should put them in? Also, do you think it is good black and white, or do you think some flat grey inkwash on stuff like clothes and backgrounds would be good to add more dimensionality?

Not a good picture, but all I have. This little canvas I had about an hour or so to paint before turning in for a dorm collage thing. Another Tadzio. I really like painting his hair.

And his face.

And his body.

Eooougghhh.

2 comments:

  1. okay dakota i don't think i need to go into how good looking the comic is. i mean i just love how you're using only black ink.

    1. the woodthings in the tent are not important, but you might want to add them in as phallic symbols to combat the boob imagery you have going on in the pomegranate scene. or what you should really do is in the next sequence have the wood stick fall in between the pomegranates in a subliminal reference to titty fucking

    2. what you should do is scan the pages into photoshop and then use the brush tool to add shading. there's a way that you can make a layer underneath the actual scan and then to take out all the white in the scan so that when you paint, you are painting essentially underneath the black ink. anyways if you do this then you can see what it would look like with some secondary colors/shading and decide if you like it or not.

    3. the comics look good and i don't really have any big critique things, only that you are making a fucking comic! and i was just thinking maybe you would want to try out some different panels and etc. i learned a lot about panels from Understanding Comics and theyre something that i think it would be fun to play around with.

    4. let me just say that its very stylized right now. by adding inkwash you could continue in the same style or it could be come less stylized. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh. i don't think you need wood things in the tent, but i do think the backgrounds are looking a little sparse. i cheat on backgrounds a lot--i find that abstractions of shadows or people or whatever do not take an awfully long time and they make each panel look much more like a complete composition. but that's just what works for me.

    and i'm loving this high contrast thing you're into right now. i feel like a trendsetter. although it's probably not a good thing because we're all getting lazy about putting color in our stuff.

    ReplyDelete