Saturday, August 22, 2009

Narcissus

I wasnt going to post this on the doodlewall yet cause it is only one drawing, but Allison said it was a betrayal to not post it.


So... presenting: Narcissus: A Happy Ending



I have already done something like this, but I got more and more pissed off at how crappy it looked, so I redid it. Now, I actually like stuff about the old one, and appreciate it more. Fuck. Also, this looks better in real life cause watercolor is really unphotogenic. Have you guys even noticed that? Acrylic and colored pencil is really nice, but watercolor is a bitch. And that is dick cause I love watercolor.


This is the old one. I actually like it better now, after I made the new one. I like the connecting hand, foot, but it didn't make sense for the new one, since it was more realistic. I also like their hair. But I hate the pannels, the outlines, and I dont know why I drew that flower instead of a narcissus flower. But the anatomy actually doesn't bother me. It's so off, and I did it on purpose, and I like the fat curvy elongated thing.

It seems I had a curl fetish even then.

When I told Brayden the real Narcissus story he got mad at me, and told me not to tell him bad stories anymore. He liked the happy ending, but said, "If they kiss each other, it will taste like a fish." I suppose because one was in the water... he didn't explain.

3 comments:

  1. you are just on a roll as far as ruining stories for brayden (i.e. creepy tooth fairy).

    i agree that the technical execution of the new one is far superior to the old one, but i gotta say that i really prefer the composition of the latter. i don't know what it is about it. i think the composition is a lot more organic/flowing; everything from the way the lines are drawn to the connected body parts.

    i'm also not sure how i feel about the title being included. the letters are fucking perfect though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it. nuff said.

    also rachael: ashley, dakota, and laura all have artwork in my room. but i'll save a spot on the wall for you.

    dakota. i love it. also padma loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Rachael: About the stories, I am a master of story telling. I am the Bard(y). Der.

    Also, about the title, I didnt really want to do it at first, because one of my teachers always said "Never underestimate your audience." However, my experience has taught me "Never overestimate your audience, cause people are mostly pretty dumb." So I thought I would put a title for those who dont recognize the altered story.

    Allison, Padma has wonderful taste. Also, your compliments mean more to me then I am comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete