Monday, August 24, 2009

Cowboy things...


I did this pretty quickly, but instead of a doodle it turned into a full thing. I like the idea, but I don't know about the execution. I do like the yellow dudes pants. I like the idea of old timey things done in these cute colors.

I think I will do more stuff like this, series in multiple colors, like the one I gave to you, Allison. The orgasm face in multi-pastely colors. Not cute things, in cute colors, multiple times. That sounds like the worst A.P. Concentration ever. Actually, this boy/man is too cute. If I am going to do it right, I should make him tough, mustached and ugly, then do him in pastels...

I feel kinda dumb posting again, with just one thing, but instead of doing alot of doodles, I have been doing fewer big things.




[EDIT]


I finished working on Adams CD cover. I need a better photo, but this is the gist of it. It's still underwraps so this wont be on facebook for awhile, untill his CD comes out, probably. I really liked certain themes in his CD, like being out of control because of both inside forces (addiction, insanity, emotions) and outside forces (nature, other people).


I like the dog/wolf mostly. I need to make the brain and heart pinker. It will look better with the other photo. But I think I like it. Now I have to make a back cover, and some inside stuff.

3 comments:

  1. allison the horribleAugust 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

    i like the cowboy thing. i think that the execution could be tighter and i think you could've used better colors than yellow blue and i don't know what that is... gray? anyways the colors could be more iconic but i like the motion captured idea and the bang that goes offscreen into the collage. i especially like that. that part gives it the something extra that makes it interesting to me.

    and i LOVE the album cover. its so unlike you! what'd you use for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. me likey. i guess we're all kind of in a sequential art phase.

    i'm sorry i can't think of anything more eloquent to say. but i do want to ask allison why she thinks the album cover is so unlike dakota.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its way more simple with no shading whatsoever, we haven't seen this skeletal/nervous system idea before, somehow i really like the flat background. i dunno. i think its the flat colors and uber simplicity of it. i guess what i mean to say is that its way more design-y than artsy.

    answer your question rachelmongous?

    ReplyDelete