Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lots of stuff...

Okay, first off, here is the T Shirt we made McMahon as a wedding present.



It took way longer to make then I thought it would. But I like it, and I think Allison likes it, and thats all that matters.
These next are just some sketchbook doodles.
Planning for Kelly Boharts Tatoo book. You know those Navy Pinup girl tatoos? I wanted to do a little Navy Tatoo boy.

Cowperson. Just wanted to draw the clothes.

A sketchbook page. I like the mustache man.

Done of the third baseman and shortstop at and Angels game. I love the way they stand when nothing is happening. The rest their mit on their hip, and lean and kick around like their bored. They are so casual, but on TV and in front of so many people!


More Angels.

Umpire and the Indians catcher. Can you believe they still have a team called the Indians? Their logo is so racist! And their is another team called the Redskins. I cant believe it.

A guy next to us watching the game. I liked the odd shape of his head.


For Kelly Boharts Tatoo/Body Art book. This one is about Scarification, which kind of totally turns me on. Not in a gothish morbid way, but in a kind of ignorant exotic way.

Another for Kellys book, of a Navy Boy. I love Navy tatoos.


Another Navy tatoo, of a mermaid. She came out looking younger then I wanted so I added the cheekbone line to make her look older, but it didnt work.


One more for Kelly. I love ships. I wish I could sail on one. I daydreamed about being on a ship like this in the late 16-early 17th century in Jamaica (I'm reading a book about buccaneers) and it had preoccupied my daydreams for almost 2 years, and then I realized I would have been allowed on the ship, because I'm a girl. I could do drag, but if they found out I would probably be raped and marooned, and I probably would be caught.
Also, I dont think I could actually kill anyone of rob the Spanish ships and do all the hardcore stuff they did.
Okay, now some old stuff I forgot to ever post. This next one is about the Rorshach test, which I was really into for a week or so, and took like 20 times. It's a two side of the paper peice.

Thats what I saw in that shape. I saw scary lesbians in at least 3 of them. Not sexy ones. Scary ones.


This is a redrawing of something I did in art lab. I thought I would try to do it better, cause I like the idea. I like this ok, but I want to do another one someday maybe. I dont know why the idea of leaving money in the man you killeds mouth is so intruiging to me. But it is.
Actually, I still like this one. I drew it months ago, and I ussually dont like stuff I did more then a week ago.

3 comments:

  1. oh hey dakota. you're a badass.

    i really like the studies of the angels players (and i know exactly the position you're talking about when they're just standing around in the outfield). and the rorshach one...oh my god. i can't believe you actually did two self-portraits with the exact same face/position. I WOULD KILL MYSELF FIRST.

    seriously i am super impressed with everything in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the fat lady and the moustache guy
    i know the baseball pose and i agree that i enjoy their stance when waiting around
    i can't believe you just casually go around drawing self portraits, twice

    I LOVE the last one. i remember the one you did in art lab it was black and white and there was some red i think and i thought that was really good. it was the money assignment. this is good too but totally different style. i love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. our t shirt rocks. ashley didn't even post her rabbit, so rachael will never know...

    ReplyDelete