Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dakota, Rachael, and Ashley are slackers.

This first image is a comic Amanda made in response to a summer camp homework question: Is it good to be a dreamer?  I don't think she answered the question very well but i like her comic.  The main character is dreaming he is in a western and named 'Flint Westward'.  She named him that because it sounded like Clint Eastwood.  Anyways i liked his character design with the astroboy-like hair and all.  And I really liked the third and fourth panels.  the third one is just from a great angle and it looks so funny and then followed up by the fourth one where his hair is stuck to his face from sleeping on it and he looks so shocked, its just great.


So randomly i was inspired to redraw it, but i basically only did the first two rows because after those rows I think she got tired since from that point on she only draws faces and words...and like one door.  Also the first two lines is almost a complete story in itself.  I mean, i think it works well.  I tried to keep it in her style too.


I actually think i had the most fun experimenting with changing up the panels and stuff.

Okay i gave really lengthier explanations than i needed to but wtv.  Also i am the LAST FEW POSTS.  I know dakota is doing art.  ashley and rachael... I don't know but show me the money!

4 comments:

  1. He is so cute, especially his hair. But what I like best is that his nose sticks out of his bandana, and the teacher in Allisons comic.

    Also, your sister has great comic timing. The "you get... DETENTION!" actually made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i commend amanda's perseverance. she has succeeded in doing what i have continuously failed to do in spite of well over a years' worth of effort--finish a comic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amanda this amanda that, everybody loves amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also: funny story, amanda showed them to kenley and he says "oh my god you should put these on deviantart!" and i told him that i hate deviant art and that its for losers. lol

    ReplyDelete