Thursday, August 5, 2010

minimalism


Sooo I've been pretty much working full time so the arting has been low. Here are some doodles i've done. 


I have a bad habit of drawing on myself.  This one reminds me of some of the artists rachael used to follow. Not sure their names or anything, but it seems a bit rachael-y



Another weirdo drawing on my leg. Had to rub it off before teaching camps.

So one night I come home, its like 10:15 and I look at the paintings the landlady keeps on the walls and am just like, 'these suck, i hate them.' So really really quickly i made a spraypaint batman head.
It isn't the best quality, I did it in under 45min, but at least i don't have to look at the stupid pathway under trees anymore.
I was thinking the other day about how this website was supposed to be an extension of the doodle wall at sage which was supposed to be an 'everyone can draw, everything is art!' sort of thing, but now it has a lot of quality full art pieces.  not that this is bad, just something i noticed.  i will be posting more doodles once the school year starts. I also had an idea of bringing back sketchbook assignments (remember anthony neil?) since those were so much fun, but making them really low pressure. as in for a submission you could turn in a picture you took, or chalkboard doodle. no full compositions required. 

-A

p.s. you should check out my friend mike (and bishop)'s (and laura too i guess) house cooking blog I GET TO EAT THIS STUFF!!!

1 comment:

  1. OK, how did you manage to make little pen doodles on your BODY kinda sexy? Like, the girls nose is awesome, she looks like a Greek princess, and the boy is kinda adorable.

    I like your Batman too. Good idea, and good at getting back to basic doodles. I just have been making full pictures rather then doodles, and have been really productive this summer. But you're right! More messing around!

    I think you got the perfect chin to mask proportion for Batman, which I can never seem to do.

    ReplyDelete