Tuesday, August 24, 2010

O hai.





















Kinda going through a weird yellow phase right now.




















I haven't watched "Kill Bill," but I was listening to Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang (You Shot Me Down)" while drawing this. Weird thematic/color scheme coherence ensued.


































I realize the way I drew this one is pretty nondescript so it could just be two well-groomed guys, but it's supposed to be Bruce Wayne (left, heavy Christian Bale influence in case you couldn't tell) and Clark Kent (right).

1 comment:

  1. I wish you heard the noise I made when I first saw the bottom picture. It was like this.

    Heeeehronk!

    It's just, their clothes! It's all loose and coming offy, and their faces are sweet, and the shading and hair and shadow. Oh man. You are enabling me, cause this makes me want to draw more Bruce/Clark. Not out of competition, but out of reverence. You ma'am, are a muse. And your colors and men are gorgeousest.

    I don't usually like yellow, but I like it with your stuff. The first one is so moody, and I like the black. It looks like an awesome dramatic panel in a comic. And the second one creeps me out, but in a really cool way. Actually though, I think the hair/flowers, are really really pretty. And the careful lineart with the messy paint=really neat.

    I've spoken with you about the Craigster, but I have more. I really like how you can use weird colors in the skin, and still make it look right. It's totally a traditional art trick that I never learned. Also, his ears. That is a funny looking handsome man.

    ReplyDelete