Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I have proposed to photoshop.

Hey guys. I have been practicing photoshop, and I have to say, it is a lot of fun. I am messing around a lot and really liking the results. My favorite thing about drawing is the lineart, but this is a fun way to color that, and really mess around, since mistakes can be fixed, things can quickly be radically changed. It's awesome for experimenting.

OK, I had SO much fun doing this one. I have always been super into the idea of Batboys. I don't know what would be better, to be a baseball player, and have a sexy ass batboy at my beck and call, or to be a batboy, and have a front row view of a whole harem of baseball players. And Ohhhhhh man pinstripes and the socks pulled up turn me onnnn.
Also, I had a lot of fun doing the colors to make it a little but old timey, like the dull blues/browns and stuff.
Also, yes, it's supposed to be SUPER gay.

Some drawing for the short period of time that I wanted to draw a background.

I was trying to create a older, browner feel here, and I did it while watching Rio Bravo with John Wayne, (which is just OK) and I was working on browns and dull blues and stuff, but mostly I was figuring out how to subtle-y use textures to make photoshop less sterile looking.


This is a panel I like, so I colored it. I like vertical compositions.



OK, so I have been listening to the Deathly Hallows on tape while drawing, so it was inevitable that I would end up doing some Harry Potter fanart. This is Grindlewald, which you dummies probably don't even remember. It's the dude Dumbledore had a short affair with when he was a kid, but then he turned out to be totally psycho.
I think that this picture is one of my favorites in terms of textures with photoshop. I mean, I learned a lot about it doing this picture.


And last but not least, my 13 year old self possessed me and drew some cheesy line art that I had to color. It's Sirius and Lupin when they were kids. I am basically a pervy old man, cause school uniforms totally turn me on. Also, sweater-vests.
I remember when I read the 3rd book when I was 13, and going "Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay."

Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. hey dakota. call me sometime this weekend?

    1. i love the colors of the baseball one and i like how your style translates into photoshop. i think i miss your weird craftsy multimedia things, like when you mixed with collage and things like paper and wood etc. etc. and would like to see more of that. the photoshop is great! i just hope, since its easier, you don't get only into it. but yeah the colors are great and it really does look old timey. also the scene is really believable. as in it doesn't look staged or created. you know?

    2. the comic is cool. you should experiment with different types of paneling. once again i think the colors work great.

    3. yeah i don't remember grindlewald. and i think this one is a bit corny. the colors are campy too, but you've gotten really good at coloring in photoshop. the candles look great and the shadows

    4. i LOVE the sirius and remus one. its great. i love the positioning and the looks on their faces. its super gay but without being totally out there. its romantic. this is the closest you have gotten to turning me on with gay art. its much simpler than some of your other art but the scene is just the best.

    5. i still love you, but its hard to when i text and call you once a week (sometimes more) and i don't hear back. i know you're busy and stuff and you lost your phone. but it still hurts. its okay though. my heart is hardening. i realize this is a weird thing to post in a comment, but i don't really know how to reach you.

    ReplyDelete