Thursday, May 27, 2010

Photoshop is my new main squeeze.

Not really, but I am having a lot of fun with it. I can color my lineart in a fun, semi-mindless way. I go into a really great art coma. I have more stuff from finals, but until I find a good way to photograph it, I'll post stuff I've done since coming home.

Ohhhh man Nightwing is awesome. And you know, Robin has been my favorite since I was in Kindergarten. I just freaking love reading about them interacting. So reading Red Robin and other stuff like that makes me make things like this. (This is Dick and Tim by the way).

More Batwoman, and Alice, one of her first villains. I just can't wait for her to start crossing over into the pre established Bat-verse. When she met Batman for the first time I squealed.

I wanted to do a boy boob. So I drew Abel in a slutty outfit. I am so happy to be getting back to the comic. I have finally finished the 2nd part, and at the end of the 3rd part, one of the brothers starts to have complicated feelings for the other. It's about to get awesome.

I'm reading this book, Stone Butch Blues, and it's so good. But even before that I had a strong desire to draw butches and looks at butches and be near butches and and and and I can't think of anything I wouldn't want to do with butches.

Also, I put this on deviantart and I was happy to see it's pretty popular. There are people have the same taste as me!

1 comment:

  1. oh dakota.

    oh dakota.

    oh baby.

    oh baby.

    (sorry for no comment, i didn't realize you'd posted)

    ok so i love the robin and nightwing one. i know there's some homo undertones but its so subtle i love it. it doesn't bother me one bit. i love their relationship anyways and how hotheaded nightwing can be, it works perfectly. and tim is all young and playful. its great. i love what you've been doing with textures, can't wait for you to show me how via screenshare. although the bright blue you've been using for nightwing's stripe is super like...almost neon/water looking it really works. and where are you finding these? because i also love the red on robin's shirt. they're such great textures. oh boy i love it. and you know what? your profiles look different. you draw noses differently i think. but its good. less simplistic i think.

    next.

    hmm maybe i should read red robin. you said that you found it online?

    i love the batwoman one too. i'm actually not really a fan of batwoman. but i love this picture. its great and has homo undertones but (i know this is essentially missionary position) i feel like its subtle again. i didn't really notice their stradling positions. i think this is because there's not a lot of contrast going on. if that makes sense. because for the colors you're using solid blocks of one swatch (swatch, texture, paper, i dunno what to call it) there isn't a lot of shading or depth, its pretty flat. reminds me of stained glass. for example look at batwoman's armpits. in her armpits are that white chick's knees and the color of her leg doesn't change from the armpit all the way out. do you see what i mean? and her stocking pattern kindof is similar to the inside of batwoman's cape. so the flatness permeates. does this make sense?

    anyways i LIKE it. a lot. the flat think/low contrast isn't a bad thing, just different and it works. everything looks really good. it would be interesting to play with this though. something cool i think would be to use something grotesque as the swatch. instead of cool marbled paper or something, use a really close up image of something bloody or like, flesh, or like pubic hair. and you won't realize what it is unless you really look. and then you're like, ew! i'm serious, try this!

    slutty abel? really? i mean art-wise its great. love how you did the background. subject wise, i feel kindof dirty looking at it. and i don't want you to not post stuff because it could be inappropriate. for example i didn't feel dirty looking at daddy's new roommate or even lolita. i guess its all in how its done. i felt like those were more art art, like you really were trying more on those and this one is like something you just did because you had time and were feeling tingly feelings down there. the others would be published books like murakami novels, this feels more like smutty romance novel.

    i said so on facebook. i love the butch lesbos picture.

    watch the guy on the right though. he/she's HUGE compared to the other two. and also his jacket's fading into the wall.
    otherwise i really like this. i really like this style/color thing you're trying out. its ultra cool. (cool said the way a french person would say it)

    ReplyDelete