Tuesday, May 25, 2010

maybe i'll scan these so you can see them better...

Birthday card for dad, there're some footprints and inside it says something cute about following in his footsteps


self portrait? i dunno, i had extra paper and made this. i think i really like cutting stuff out of paper.


p.s. ashley and i visited the studio today and mcmahon has TWO of my artstuffs hung up in the digital art room and dakota only has ONE.  albeit it is a huge one. kimya has something too i think. (i know at this point rachael is thinking: oh god allison its not a contest) whatever, i win!  (just kidding because dakota is at art school so she wins anyways :/ )

2 comments:

  1. I really like your cut outs. They are super simple and graphic. and simple. Like, with the simplicity I feel like it could be done digitally but the fact that it's with paper makes it so much nicer. I really really like these. It's just so flat.

    Also, little details like the climbing shorts things are good. And it cool how I can tell it's yours, even in this different style. Like, the person looks like a person you drew in your doodles. I also love your colors. I would love to see a story or something illustrated this way. Is this with an exacto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude if you saw the scissors i was using... i essentially used these http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00895777000P?vName=For%20the%20Home&cName=Cutlery&sName=Kitchen%20Shears&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IDx20070921x00003a

    did not bring my exactos home lol. it was super super hard. i had to hold the pieces with a tweezer because the scissors are so huge and the pieces so tiny.

    the rock climber self portrait means a lot to me and i want you to have it.

    ReplyDelete