Sunday, May 23, 2010

still not dead!

Amanda and I made this get well card for her friend's dad who recently had a brain operation. cute huh?


Then i thought it'd be cute if we made bookmarks for each other (i've been using a coupon recently...) So I made a typical, nice looking bookmark and amanda made a kickass awesome bookmark.  as you can see hers has a tail made out of a streamer that sticks out of the book. Mine is the boat one and amanda's is superman fighting an alien who is holding (kindof unclearly labled) in one hand lois lane and in the other red kryptonite. also labled although upside down is the 'kent farm'


On the back of mine i have an encouraging quote and superman's cape lifts to reveal his red undies.


making stuff with amanda is defffinitely one of my favorite things to do.

p.s. she heard the song tiny dancer the other day and i was telling her its elton john. 'do you know who elton john is?' I asked her.  Her response: 'yeah, he's that puppet dakota made' -_-

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Oh my god, looking at these made me so happy.

    The card is SO close to inappropriate, but cute and funny enough that it's ok. And I love that you have a color scheme in such a crass yet adorable card. His expression is great.

    I'm sorry to say this, because I actually DO like your bookmark, The colors and the ship are fun and it's super design-y. I could see it at a store. But... Amanda wins. Oh my god. I cannot believe she made that. The streamer is so genius, and I literally laughed out loud when I saw his butt.

    I have been having a vague craving to make more 3D stuff, (even though I suck at it), and looking at this stuff makes the craving turn into a pain. It's the kind of art that makes me want to make stuff, which is my favorite kind.

    ReplyDelete