Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Last Fashion Illustrations and some Photoshop

Hey guys. More stuff.
This is the first thing I did in my fashion class. We had to do an illustration of a woman. Then at the end of the semester, we had to re-do the illustration. I was pretty happy with the improvement.


This was an illustration were we advertised something like makeup or shampoo. I cut out the advertisement in the photo. My main critique was she was too manly, but I like that. I did the hair like you did, Allison, in your Tadzio picture. (I do that with blonde hair a lot).

A watch advertisement.

The last thing I did for my fashion class. We had to do three figures, and one of the outfits had to come from our fashion center. The girls dress was taken from the fashion center, it was made in 1911. The other girl and guy I made up based on what I would want my opium den to look like. (Sexy boys with poppies, and butch ladies... it's an Oscarwildegasm).

I thought of the possibility of Batwoman fighting Poison Ivy in the future, and the sadomasochistic possibilities there are endless.

Sorry for this one Allison. This is Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent. Justice League makes me want to make Batman and Superman gay for eachother. I think Batman would be all cold to Superman, but Bruce would be his typical assholey self. Oh man, the possibilities make me want to read fanfiction.

More photoshop practice. I wanted to draw a fairy tale-ish picture, with a lady sailor. Why are those two little white stripes on navy blue so sexy? It makes my stomach flip. Also, drawing ships is actually really fun.

3 comments:

  1. I don't post often, but this is laura.

    I love everything but the reason I'm posting is, first of all, I'm up all night working an overnight shift. But more importantly, your woman sailor looks EXACTLY like my friend Aubrey when she was a sailor in my play. I can't figure out how to post it because I'm very sleepy, but I'm putting it on your wall.

    Aubrey is awesome and I'm glad she came through in your art!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so looking at your before and after fashion illustrations, i don't have one i like better than the other. i really like the first one because itsmore designy with the blocky colors which is a style you do that i really like, while the second one the detail is great when it comes to shading on the jacket and shoes etc. from far away the first one looks better than the second one but when you look closely at the second one it very technically good.

    the watch advertisement guy looks like spike from buffy. also its weird seeing you draw in this style. its so chic.

    harem looks great. great detail in the couch, clothes, that decorative thing in the back . i know its a pain but it kindof sucks that you put so much detail into the things that ARE there, but the background is just black... so maybe think about that. anyways they're in beautiful positions too.

    oh damn. poison ivy. hot. nice.

    don't like the clark and bruce. bruce does NOT look like that in my head. also his shoulders are huge and his profile is like the joker's. at least you apologized in advanced. hahaha. you know me too well.

    mermaid one is awesome. it would be cool if the water was a little stormier and the sky darker. it would add more drama. sometimes i feel like you cop out on your backgrounds.

    i really like this new style/direction/whatever you're going in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. update, i like the first fashion illustration better.

    i like the expresison on her face, i like that she's looking straight at me. everything is smoother and less jarring. more modern feel as opposed to the second one which has an old timey even indiana jones jacket feel. also her face pleases me less somehow...

    ReplyDelete