Monday, September 27, 2010

Dreams

Since I don't doodle as much any more, I thought I'd contribute by sharing some of my dreams, especially since you guys are in them.  My thinking is that I'll start with ones that have you in them and then move on to ones that I just think you'll find interesting.

I chose this to be the first one because, although its definitely morbid, its mostly all about people you know. So you kind of have to be interested.  Please don't be offended by any of this or take anything personally.  So...this is word for word out of my dream notebook.  I put the date down as 8/24 but no year...

'Some of this dream I may not remember anymore, since I had it about a week ago.

I am on a yellow school bus, sitting on the left side, second seat behind the bus-driver.  The bus is pretty full and we have stopped to pick up some kids.

Instead of students, a terrorist gets on the bus.  Another terrorist (his cohort) stand outside of the bus, I see him through the windshield on the left.  The first terrorist announces, "I am a terrorist and I am hijacking this bus."  He looks like a mix of Mr. T and Osama Bin Laden.  Both terrorists hold machine guns.  He turns his back on us, looking out the windshield.

Just then Dakota, running late, gets on the bus, unaware of the terrorists.  She sits down in front of me.  "Dakota, there are terrorists!" I tell her.  She notices the guy, and thinking he won't notice, she gets off as quickly as she got on.

I whisper-scream to her that she can't just get off the bus.  but as I see her walking away in the right side of the windshield, she turns and, still walking away (walking backwards) sticks her tongue out at me and gives me the finger with both hands.

The terrorist notices this, "You can't get off MY bus!" he screams.  Dakota turns forward and continues walking away.  The terrorist then shoots her repeatedly in the back with the machine gun.

At first she just stands there and doesn't move.  I think to myself that it is a dream and Dakota can't be hurt by bullets.  But then the blood starts soaking into her clothes.  The back of her shirt now has blood all over it.  She collapses.

I am at school.  I have two messages in my facebook inbox.  One is from Hanna Sender, the other from Ariel Knoebel.  Each expresses their condolences and offer to 'listen' if I ever need to talk.

I go around telling people that Dakota is dead.  They say they're very sorry, but they treat it like old news.  As if a child told them they'd seen a bug die.  To add emphasis, I say, "She was my best friend."  But no change in their attitudes.

I tell rachael over and over.  At first she acts like all the others.  For a moment she looks like she's about to cry.  But then she is okay again.'

ok. kind of sad. but interesting nevertheless, i hope.  i think its funny that dakota is such a douche in this dream.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I'm sorry, I know this is sad, but I kind of cracked up when I flipped you off. I mean, I expected that maybe I would be about to try and help you out, or would run, but guiltily, but to FLIP YOU OFF? Like, I am trying to imagine in what realistic situation that would happen, and it's funny, in an awful way.

    Also, I remember you telling me about the second half of the dream before. I have dreams like that. It's awful, cause it floats over into my real life. Like, I have dreams where I am fighting, and I am punching someone, but I constantly miss, or my punches are so weak that they just brush off. Then when I wake up, it takes me a minute to remember that such a think wouldn't really happen.

    ReplyDelete