Wednesday, December 30, 2009

First post with separate account...

What's up? I made goggles for Brayden. He wanted a disguise, and I wanted to make something that was 3 Dimensional.
So I made this out of a baseball, some knuts and bottlecaps and an old shitty belt. It was pretty fun, and took like an hour. I would like to make some higher quality shit, but this was a fun beginning. And the screw opens and shuts to resize the head strap.




Remember the WWII thing I did. Well, I did a background. Just a quickie, but painting the tank was fun.


A painting for my lifedrawing class. It's a copy of this painting.
http://www.artinfo.com/media/image/23756/009_NeoRauch_DerNaechsteZug.jpg

It has reaffirmed the idea that I am not a painter. I didn't have much time, but even if I did, it proabably would not have come out any better, cause I kept getting so bored with it. I like the weird subject though.


These are some airport sketchbook things I did, after seeing Allisons I knew I had too. I have a couple of sleeping asians. They kept falling asleep in my line of vision. My line of vision must be pretty boring.



Also, more comic pages. This is pages 58-62. It took me awhile to get into it again, but now I am.
You know what fucking suck and I hate to draw. Cats. I need to stop making them up, and get references, but I feel like finding proper ones would be hard, and I want to draw my comic away from my computer. But if I had references the whole thing would be better... huh...

Whatever, my main goal is get 'er done.









I wanted to draw some sexay boy, so I decided to draw Abel instead. Unfortunately, he does not wear this outfit for a freaking long time. Not till the second half of the comic. But that helps me to keep going. I keep telling myself. "It will get sexy, it will get sexy, it will get sexy..."
Also, I like stomach pooch. I know it is not a popular thing, but I like it.

2 comments:

  1. i like the sexy thing of abel. you could use it as one of those pinup things in between chapters like some comic artists do. he does look pretty cute in that.

    i'm noticing also that your comic panels are a lot bigger than mine. you have like 6 to a page and usually i have like 10 or more. in the end i think your way is better because you don't have to draw everything so miniscule.

    also i LOVE the steampunk goggles. you knew i would love those. i cant believe you made those. they're so much better than the speed racer goggles i made for amanda. how long did it take you to make them?

    also the soldier's background...its good and i like it the only thing is you made it equally as vivid as the foreground so i actually think it draws attention away from the foreground which is much better and should have more attention. if i put it in illustrator i would just put a block of like ten or black or dark green or brown over that part and put it on an opacity. if that makes sense.

    nice airport drawings, mine are better.

    and i know you have trouble with painting, but i don't like your painting that much. i don't like the original that much either. so don't be offended.

    commented. happy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks Allison. Glad you commented.

    The goggles took me like an hour, maybe an hour and a half, not consecutively.

    And for the comics, I think your smaller panels and my larger ones just lead to a different feel. Yours is faster paced, cause you have to get so much of the story into so few pages, whereas I want my story a little slower paced, for the most part.

    ReplyDelete