Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Being home=making art

I guess as soon as I get home I start making stuff.  Which reminds me, the polenta should be on here but whatevs.


Amanda, Ashley, and I made some christmas cards here are some pictures of the fronts and some insides, you can guess who made what.

We got glitter everywhere :) which, according to fred, is the herpes of arts and crafts.








Spelled wrong on purpose!






So that's that.  

Here's a picture that i got from laura of something old but she had the picture so i never uploaded it.

Remember that shirt i made for her? I took the stencil, which was actually some wallpaper-y design contact paper, and after I sprayed it laid it over some newspaper.  It looks really cool with the newspaper, fading spray paint, and wallpaper design.  Probs should click on this to see the full view.


I don't understand photography. is this considered art photography?





Then, my friend Julien came over and we made dinosaur shirts, this is the only picture i have of his t shirt.


Then the much more experienced mackenzie came over and we made super awesome t-shirts.


This is daft punk.


This is a narwhal. (front)


(back)


This is homestar runner.


This is amanda's christmas present (front)


(back)


this was supposed to be a Little Prince shirt, but turns spray paint doesn't always show on dark colored shirts.



This is my dino shirt.


you can't really see this but its another drawing at a desk in cornell. during my french final i think.  she's saying 'that dope nose!'


Okay, allison art poo, over and out.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Christmas cards. So Allison. I can totally see your style. Batman is SO cute here, and he looks like the Batman you drew for me. A little shy, and really minimalistic, only what you need.
    The fact that he is red and glittered makes me very happy.

    The Hellboy one is also adorable. Are you trying to make everything cool cute? I like it. I want to draw some Hellboy. I like how even with the black and white high contrast it's still ADORABLE.

    The Mary/Jesus one is beautiful. I love that the light shining down is dark, and the rest is light. It's kind of the opposite of what I would expect. That's all I want to say.

    You know I love my Christmas card. I love the bottom deers face, where it's all like "Hey. You're into it."

    Love the ships sillouette. Made a great shirt, and it's fun to see the stencil. Makes me want to make a stencil.

    I don't know about the photography. I don't really have much of an eye for it. To be honest, I don't like the sepia and black and white ones, just because, in a lot of black and white and sepia photographs, it is pretty clear that it was changed as an afterthought on the computer. It reminds me of one of those hipster photos that would have text that says something like "I still miss you." Or, "I'm trying to find myself, but becoming more and more lost."

    Dude, the colors of the dinoasaur shirts are totally tits, and I love the simple designs. The designs are just what you need and no more, very graphic, and I LOVE them.

    Can't even talk about the Daft Punk one, I just love it so much. It looks so awesome and clean.

    Talked to you about the other shirts. I love them, and I love all the designs and colors. You are getting really good at these, making them look professional.

    Love the little prince one. The colors are perfect. I'm reading it to Brayden now.

    Good placement for the bottom dinosaur one.

    I used to draw on desks. for some reason it's more fun then on paper...

    ReplyDelete