Sunday, October 3, 2010

Morrre sidekick pinups, and some Wonder Woman fappery (Added some Sherlock fanfart and Allisons Desktop)

I have been doing these flat colored thing a lot, in part because I don't have much time, but am still really compelled to draw, and can only do it in class, in between class or late at night when I reallyreally need to be sleeping (usually then). But also, I am liking the design like, flat feel of these, and trying to do limited color schemes, since I think my color theory needs a lot of work. These are good experiments for that.

Another sidekick pin up, this one is of the BBC Sherlock show's John Watson. The actor who plays him, Martin Freeman, is ninja sexy. You have no idea he's a total babe, and then BAMF! You are in love with him.
This was from the last part of the last episode, where John is taken hostage and has a bomb strapped to his chest and Sherlock has to save him and OHMANITWASSEXY.
I actually like this one. I like the colors, and his face turned out like John's, which is good.


This one is just silly, since it's impossibly to make Kenneth sexy, I didn't even try. I wanted to do a pin up of the 30 Rock sidekicks, since after Liz and Jack, Kenneth, Dot Com and Grizz are my favorite characters, and they are all Tracy's sidekicks, so it works.
(Yes, I know I just named 5 favorite characters).
This actually super sucked to draw. I don't know if I got Kenneth's face right, I basically paused the show on his least totally dumb face and drew it, but I think Grizz and Dot Com are recognizable (maybe cause only half the face is even showing).

I realized I hadn't drawn women in awhile, and so I did a quick drawing of some butch ladies. Then I gave myself only a few colors and had to repeat them, and keep the color palette limited. It's pretty fun. I really like doing these exercises, and I think my grasp on color theory is getting slightly better, but I can see myself getting stuck in some colors, so I am going to need to explore other ones too.




Now I have two Wonder Woman pictures. First, I wanted to draw a badass and bloody Wonder Woman. Not much to say besides that.



Even though I don't like the song that much, I like watching the video for "Telephone" and Beyonce's little short bangs just KILL ME. (Unfortunatley, I decided she would be adjusting hertiara, and now my urge to draw her bangs are NOT SATED).
And I remembered there were rumors (like, 5 years ago) that she was in the running to play Wonder Woman, and I totally love that idea. I think she could be badass!



More BBC Sherlock stuff. This show really makes me want to draw. It's some fanart for a fanfiction. (THAT'S RIGHT I'M NOT ASHAMED). It's... really good. I love drawing these dudes. Their faces are so weird and I like trying to figure it out.




Update: The two BBC Sherlock things got popular on deviantart, like, fast. It's weird, cause I didn't know there was a big fanbase for this show. Awesome. That's pretty cool, since this show makes me wanna do fanart badddd, and it;s fun to be into stuff when everyone else is into it. Usually I come into a fandom a couple years too late, and everyone else is over it.


Allison, your desktop. I think my favorite times with you is when we are making things, like when we would just hang out and make puppets, or cards or shirts or stencils. I don't often make THINGS when I'm not with you, so I wanted to show you doing collage. I want to do it sometimes, but it's not really the same by myself.

Also, I don't know about likeness, you're eyebrows are hard to get down in a graphic style, since they aren't really dark. And I am making a face, since I always make faces when I draw. I kept making faces drawing this. And when I draw a person smiling or being angry, I often make that face, and sometimes classmates ask me what I'm doing...
As for the color scheme, I remember your red sweatshirt, and my favorite color with red is turquoise, so I went with bluer tones for the rest of the picture. Which I thought went with the meditative thing we can get into when making shit. But sometimes it's fun and exciting, so I can make a brighter one if you want.

I hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. in order:

    pin up one. i like the colors a lot. (very dusty feeling if that makes sense) the laser thing is something that i would do and then not be sure if it was a good thing or not. i think its distracting but good to have a splash of bright color somewhere, otherwise the dimmer colors can be sleepy. also i really like what he's doing, his expression, and the fact that he's sitting on his coat, those are all nice details.

    kenneth. i don't know who kenneth is but i think this picture is really silly. the colors remind me of christmas (the background, tie, and the phone cord reminds me of xmas lights) and the guys in the background look like will smiths. this is just silly. its like he's a lead singer and he's got will smith doing backup.

    butches: i really like them. i like the thick black (DICKS) lines a lot and the very cartoony-ness of them. also they don't all look the same which sometimes happens in your art. the only person who looks like your other characters a lot is the guy on the right. also i like how stuff is exaggerated like the curve of her leg and stuff. the only thing is that i would change the background color to a little darker because right now its too close the the girl in the dress's skin.

    bloody diana: i guess i like this designy style you're going with right now a lot. i like her expression, and position. i think you've gotten a lot better at drawing people doing interesting things and in interesting positions etc. once again i really like that you used an unconventional and thick line for the outline, not sure what i think about the stripes coming from her eye.

    beyonce, this is a great ideal. and it doesn't look like her but you captured her attitude/beyonce-ness. nice apples. you know what's weird is that i really like the dimmer/duller colors you're using because they make me feel really cool and calm but after looking at a bunch in a row i find myself craving more solid colors. how weird.

    more bbc sherlock: this satisfied that craving. nice girl. i think i would've chosen a different color outline for foreground guy (sherlock?)

    you and me: the thing you wrote is so sweet. i agree and miss making stuff with you. i like it a lot. yeah eyebrows.... i don't really know what to tell you about that. but i love this and am so happy to make it my desktop. and thats cool that you remember my red sweatshirt. i wore it a lot... and i like that we're meditative. i think it is a good capture-ence.

    loveee you. i'll probs call you soon.

    good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the more i look at it the more i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which fanfiction is that gorgeous bloody-Sherlock drawing for?

    ReplyDelete