Sunday, March 28, 2010

Haven't posted for awhile...

Sorry, was grossly busy. But I've made lots of stuff. This isn't all of it, just sketchbook stuff and some fashion illustrations.


OK, this was practice with photoshop coloring. I have been reading a lot of yaoi manga, (they have thousands of scantalations online! I never knew! My 13 year old self is weeping). But I always love the covers and inside art. Also, they often have fun engrish on the cover. I want to make faux yaoi covers, and this began as one, but then I actually kinda liked it and colored it, with that stupid touch pad on the laptop. I wish I at least had a mouse. So I got tired of it pretty quick, but the skin and hair of the one boy in the turquoise yukata came out nice, using layers. I'm gonna do more of these.

My teacher's still bumming on my about my manly chicks, but now she's good natured about it, seeing it's just my taste that she dislikes (the smaller eyes, thicker necks, broader shoulders, etc). I like this girl, she reminds me a bit of Hillary Swank.

My teacher was actually pretty happy with this one. She's kinda cute.
This is pretty close to how our model looks. She is so beautiful.

Portrait of a girl in my class, who has the hugest eyes I've ever seen, and was wearing an adorable pinstripe baseball shirt, which is a fetish of mine.





We had a boring looking model this day, so I drew different faces, making up chicks I would do.
Apparaently hook noses are a nono in fashion, but I love them. Also, I thought the pants we drew were fun.


Okay, this is stuff from my moleskine sketchbook, which I have been filling like crazy. It is so fun. The paper is really nice with ink and certain pens.
Trying to figure out this outfit Abel will wear like a hundred pages from now.

Girl and fox from my movie.

Jesus and John the Evangelist. Man, I love drawing these guys.
The one on the left is after a Pontormo, who's painting I love.
Last Supper Jesus and John. Eugh. Love them.

Cain and Abel, and early drawing of possible Reynardine.
Tadzio ideas for a terrible paint on glass animation I did.

Adult Reynardine. Not actually at all how I imagine him. I imagine him much manlier.


Movie

Tadzio and the other boy in their freaking outfits that make me crazy.

Satyr and Boy
Trying to figure outfits for a later part of the comic. Not done with it yet, but Abel's is inspired by Persian lady outfit. I'm excited for them to not wear rags.

Loosely inspired by Reynardine. I did this in 24 hours, which, I have to say, is ridonculously fast for me. I started it as a distraction for my Fox's Bride movie, but now I think I'll finish it.

[Edit] Damn, this doesn't have the whole video! Whatever, you'll see the whole thing soon enough.

Quick stop motion movie I made. I want to redo it as a longer movie, with more scenes, but I need to make these puppets better, and honestly, I am not super great at stop motion.

P.S. It's Allison's birthday or something whatev.


2 comments:

  1. wow this deserves a phone call comment. very good awesome stuff! fashion illustration coupled with your style i actually really like, e.g. as opposed to real fashion illustration like in my mom's nordstrom magazines or like carrie did for AP art. also the reynardine stuff looks SICK. not your typical style but i like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. favorite: second fashion illustration down (with the big poofy skirt and tennis shoes).

    i love all of the stuff from your moleskin sketchbook (maybe it's because you're doing stuff you actually like. it comes through on the execution).

    i really admire the simplicity of your drawings. they're very clean and visually accessible. your style has always been this way but it's come to serve you better as your skill level has increased.

    i still can't get over the fact that you're actually making animations now. it blows my mind that you are making pictures move. it is seriously like magic (probably because i know absolutely nothing about animation, but still).

    one thing: proportions a lot of drawings that were not from the moleskin notebook are kind of out of whack. in the first yaoi drawing the guy on the right's head and hands are way too small compared to the size of his torso (i also noticed you've started elongated the necks on a lot of your drawings; that seems more like a stylistic thing, but i think that's part of what's making the heads look small by comparison. same thing applies to the fourth drawing down).
    while the second fashion illustration from the top is my favorite, her legs are awfully long and her feet are tiny (i understand talking proportions with fashion illustration figures is kind of gray area because they're supposed to be a little disproportionate, but this is just my opinion). the third illustration down actually has the opposite problem; her legs are too short (feet are still way too small). the last fashion illustration figure's legs are way too long.

    all that being said...i really enjoyed these! more so than usual. i can't wait to see the animations from the sketches i saw here.

    ReplyDelete