Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It is Summer and yet the Doodles rage on.

Some of these doodles are not really doodle-y, but you probably wont see them otherwise.

I made these for my mom for mothers day. I always liked these old fashioned black and white sillouette profile portraits. Its of the three kids that inhabit our house. Sasha and Brayden look good, but Brookelyn doesnt look too much like her. But my favorite part is the frames which I got at Wallmart for like 6 bucks.




I decided 2 days ago to do this thing where everyday I try and finish one painting. Each painting takes about 2-3 hours. I'm not going for quality so much as just trying to make shit quickly. have been in a funk, so I thought "I will take Andy Warhols advice and stop thinking about making art and just make it." This high contrast one was so easy and fun, but I could totally do it on paper faster. But there is more satisfaction in finishing and looking at a canvas, rather then a piece of paper. Also, I am painting over shitty old paintings I did years ago, so it feels like I am destroying the shitty by covering it with something better.



This was the first painting. Its a bad photo. I but it's not super good. Basically I only like the bottom right corner (the jacket). Actually the hat isnt bad, but you cant tell from the photo.



This is of this lady Deborah Sampson who I think is super rad. Its for a scholarship about women who did great things and shit.



Maya Lin for the same scholarship. For some reason both of these didnt come out well, and these are the ones that matter for money. I thought I could use something I drew in the past, but I dont draw women very much, which is weird. The women I do draw aren't real, but instead they are like sirens or aliens or some crazy shit. I need to start drawing women again.


I found this Kill/Defend George Bush game we played. I like this one.

A sketch.


Another doodle. Basically I was looking at pictures of Greek statues. Why do people not look like that? (Not my picture, I mean real-ass Greek statues.)

3 comments:

  1. more later, but the 'a sketch' is totally my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoah. What? How did you know that? (I thought it would be akward to say).

    ReplyDelete
  3. the silhouettes are super cool.
    what kind of paint did you use on the one with the cat and the (what i'm assuming is a) boy?

    ReplyDelete