Monday, February 2, 2009

Dakotas Photoshit

DUDESSS! I kinda know how to use photoshopppp! I just sat my ass down in front of a school computer, and said "Goddamn it Photoshop, you harpy! You tempteress! You whore! I will learn you!"

So, three hours later I learned how to kind of make layers, and color under line art with the brush tool. I cant use any other tools, except the clone tool. I even mess up the paint bucket. Fuckkk.


My first attempt. I drew a quick line art so I would have something to color in. And then it took me forever to do this. It would have been faster for me to watercolor that ho.


This was so embarrassing to do. I kept doing it when it was super zoomed in so nobody knew I was drawing fanart. Stupid fanart too. All romantic and shit. Actually, if you call fanart "illustration" it sounds less dumb. "I did an illustration" vs. "I did some dumbass fanart." And why are they both looking in different directions? Because Pocahontas is looking at Meeko, the raccoon on one side, and John Smith is looking at the hummingbird on the other. Also, they are feeling awkward with each other because John Smiths boner is digging into her back...

Believe me guys, there is more fanart in my sketchbook. I have the John Smith bug. He is a total slut, with his shirt falling off all the time, and I need to draw it.

So, Allison, I know you can use photoshop. Maybe someday you can teach me to do something besides flat colors. Or maybe Ill be better after five hours of computer sitting. My eyes hurt so fucking bad after that.

Also, in the cartoon, John Smiths pupils are not black, but just a darker blue. Thats what makes them so pretty and blue-ish. That was fun...

Also, check this shit out...

This is a deleted song from the movie, which I actually like. The script before the song is so dumb, but the song is kind of cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtEIgPgwU6g

And this is another deleted song, which is kind of cute, but Kokuom (how do you spell that?) totally makes this, by singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZ3K6YiLm8

7 comments:

  1. yeah...i'm kind of glad neither of those songs made it into the movie. but i did love the dopey oversimplified drawings (esp. of meeko).

    noooo dakota you are going digital on me like everyone else. SELLOUT. SELL. OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nononooooo. I would be a sell out if I was good at it, but honestly, it took me longer to do this then it would if I did it traditionally. There was blood an sweat all over the fucking keyboard and mouse by the time a was done.

    I am mostly doing this so I can make really fast, simple comics with flat color. I am making a really dumb (and super gay) comic that I try not to spend more then half and hour per page... so I was thinking photoshop shading would be good. How is your comic going? Are you still doing it? You pages were freaking works of art, while mine are doodles, with shitty writing...

    Yeah, I am glad the songs didn't go into the movie, but when the chick sings the "middle of the rIVERRRR" part, I like that. I also like how they have that racist dance sequence in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way the white shirt is hanging off of John Smith just makes me want to pull it down with my middle finger right at the v-neck part. He would make a great stripper.

    ps. Is anyone still up for going to a strip club sometime during the summer break!!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ashley, its all I am thinking about. Boy strip club? Girl strip club? Hermaphordite strip club? What say you all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sorry...let me go scrape my brains off the floor before we actually discuss the possibility of me setting foot inside a strip club, even if it's with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait... were you not there for this convorsation? That is really weird. The only time we were together without you was McMahons, so that means we discussed going to a strip club in front of him, and possible Irwin.
    Shit. Were we high or something?

    ReplyDelete
  7. everyone needs to go to a strip club at some point in their lives.

    ReplyDelete