Saturday, June 25, 2011

Some drawings in no particular order.

Hey, I haven't posted in awhile, so here's just some of the things I've done in the past month or so. I'm trying to do a lot of commissions for cheap, to get some money, and also because it's kind of fun, like a sketchbook assignment, if sketchbook assignments were about guys macking on each other. So I'm having a lot of fun with them.


A commission for Jason Todd and Bruce Wayne.

Here's one commission I did of Red Robin and Superboy, who I've been wanting to draw for awhile. It might be strange to say, but I like the way Robin's butt came out, and his chest. Allison, have you seen 90's Superboy? His outfit was so strange, but I love it. I want to draw it.

So I bought the movie "Death In Venice," because I think it might be aesthetically my favorite movie, not even just because of the boy Tadzio, but the turn of the century clothes/architecture, and the colors of the film are stunning, and have changed the way I draw. And I can't stop drawing Tadzio. (Adam: Rufus Wainwright did a song about him called "Grey Gardens" which captures my feelings for him quite well).

The cover of my copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray is totally stupid, and the picture looks nothing like Dorian, so I thought I would make my own. I don't like when covers show Dorian's face, since I think the reader should imagine it on their own, and they so often have a masculine face with dark hair or facial hair, which is totally not how he was described at all. Whoever chose those pictures for the cover were NOT homosexual, I'm sure of that.

Um... I started watching Pokemon again. It is still amazing (but I am shocked at how little animation there is. Like 90% of the show is still frames).

Superman

I think this is my trying to get my circus obsession out, but it's still there.

Another picture for my fashion class. I did this after watching a shit ton of Betty Boop.

Genderbent Sherlock Holmes and John Watson

This is a character from the show Doctor Who. I was kind if trying different effects. I thin it looks kind of interesting, and I want to explore more with stuff besides flat colors on photoshop.

I did this after watching Death in Venice. I just want to draw dirty, turn of the century, beach erotica all the time.

Bucky, for my pin up sidekick thing. I was in a queer art show with my sidekick pin up drawings, so I added this one. I also have a Ron Weasley and Luigi that maybe I'll post later.

Again, trying to do something besides just flat colors. This one I did after seeing 101 Dalmations. That movie is actually very gorgeous. I totally crush on Roger, and the backgrounds are amazing. (Also I crush on Pongo, but whatever).

A headshot for my fashion class. It was inspired by Grace Jones.

Another fashion headshot.

1 comment:

  1. So, Pikachu creeps me out/might be my favorite. The lighting and the details on the fur are so good. Have you gone totally digital on us? That would be okay, since you're getting so freaking good at it.

    I'm so jealous of the way you do hands. They are super delicate but kind of masculine at the same time because they are so large and have these big, square palms.

    Your pinups are always so much fun. I love the color scheme and his pose. Same for Superman.

    Bad Wolf looks great! I like how you're trying to branch out.

    ReplyDelete