Friday, May 13, 2011

ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM

This is Adam. Here are the three latest paintings I've made for my class.

As you've probably seen on voyerbook, this is my self-portrait. It looks so much better in person. I gave it to Fred, and it is now hanging in his suite's living room. I think that's going to weird his roommates out.


This is my "outdoor painting." It's from this cool spot off of a Bard trail where someone built a platform between three trees overlooking the Hudson.


This one is of a nude model that we had in our class. It also looks much better in person. I'm really proud of everything EXCEPT the face! For some reason, I have a really hard time with human faces. It took about 12 hours of class time plus about 13 hours this weekend. It's the biggest painting I've ever done. I've attached another shot of it to show the relative size.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I meant to do this awhile ago, but lets get it done now.

    Your self portrait is awesome! What I like about it is you are really good at getting likeness, which is something I really admire since it's something I really have a hard time doing myself. And I really like the way you did your nose. It looks almost architectural... I don't know how to describe it. Also is it weird to say your neck looks awesome and manly? It does. The red drapery looks really realistic, and the turquoise looks more flowy and gorgeous.

    The bark in the landscape looks so cool from far away, and cool close up as well. The detail is awesome. I also love the more natural, duller color palette. I think you do really awesome things with color, since you try mixes I never would think of and make it look awesome, but you can do more realistic coloring too. Also, the foliage in the back, how it's kinda fading into the sky is pretty.

    I am pretty blown away by the figure. The body looks so 3 dimensional and soft. The shadows aren't too harsh, and the really look like she is taking up space. I love that you put orange, red, purple and blue in her skin, but it doesn't look weird or unrealistic, it looks totally believable and fleshy.

    ReplyDelete